No matter how cold, warm, or sweltering hot it is outside, the temperature inside your home should be comfortable. Program your thermostat just right and your home will be a safe haven from the all the chaos outside of your home.
However, if your HVAC system isn’t working properly, it can be quite frustrating and risky for your family’s health. Besides that, it can also significantly add to your utility bills. Take this quiz to identify whether or not your routine habits and HVAC practices hurting your HVAC system and utility bills.
Read the situations and pick the closest as to what you’d do to deal with them.
Spring Is Almost Here. How Have You Prepared Your HVAC System?
- Changed the air filters and cleaned the vents. I think it’s enough.
- Hired an HVAC contractor for a seasonal tune-up and maintenance.
- Did nothing. It looks okay to me.
You Have a Dinner Tonight and the Cooling System Isn’t Working. What’s Your Plan?
- Prepare refreshing icy beverages to make up for the high temperatures.
- Call an emergency HVAC contractor to repair my cooling system before my guests arrive.
- I have fans too. We will be fine without an air conditioner.
Your HVAC Is Leaking Steam. How Would You Go About Buying a New System?
- Leave it on my contractor to pick the best system and make the entire payment all at once.
- Pick a comfortable monthly subscription by a reliable HVAC company
- Go out for HVAC shopping myself and purchase the fanciest system in the market
What Do You Expect From Your Energy Bill Next Month?
- It will be higher than the previous month. My HVAC system is taking up more load now.
- It should be lower or similar to that of the same month in 2019.
- I don’t know. It may be less, same, or more than the previous bills.
If your answers were mostly As and Cs, you need to revise your HVAC maintenance habits to help your system operate more efficiently. If you picked majority of Bs, you’re on the right path and passed the quiz, congrats!
To keep your HVAC and your home healthy, make sure you pick experienced and trust-worthy HVAC contractors. Global Heating and Cooling offers top-quality HVAC services including furnace repair, radiator repair, dehumidifier installation in Chicago and a range of other services. For more information or to book an appointment, call at (773) 801-3734 with our hvac contractor Chicago.